Case Management software specialist, Eclipse Legal Systems, will be unveiling the latest incarnation of its Proclaim system at the 2007 Legal IT event (stand 40, February 7th and 8th, Islington).
Proclaim v3 has been re-engineered to provide a completely new user interface and Web Services compatibility as standard. This Web Services functionality provides end-users with advanced development options for integration with business partners and third parties (case referrers, financial institutions, etc). Building upon existing Proclaim strengths such as instant document production, automated workflows, advanced reporting and fee earner / management information, v3 also provides an overall deeper integration between Case Management and Accounting functions – providing seamless and swift navigation of relevant Practice Management data.
New v3 productivity features include:
– ‘Document Collation’, which enables fee earners to select numerous (unlimited) separate documents from within a case, and combine these into a complete and paginated ‘pack’ with a single button-click. This functionality will primarily lend itself to HIP production and Court Bundling, but will of course have a range of uses for both law firms and commercial organisations
– A ‘Document Preview’ area, allowing rapid viewing access to each and every piece of historical matter documentation, no matter what the format (.doc, .pdf, .xls, .jpg, etc).
– A ‘Favourites’ tool within each case, providing fast fee earner access to frequently used documents, workflows, external resources (e.g resource / reference / mapping websites), etc
– Billing tools, including fixed bill, gross / net fees, WIP, disbursements (anticipated and nominal), reversal options, etc
– Advanced, flexible reporting to allow an unparalleled depth of interrogation and comparison of any level / item of case and matter data, including even miscellaneous memos and history items
– Further developments to screen, field and menu flexibility, allowing fee earners to tailor their own individual on-screen workspaces to a huge degree
Proclaim v3 will commence rollout in early Q2 of 2007, and will be received by 6,000 individual users at over 300 firms. As is Eclipse’s policy, this latest version of software is free to all existing Proclaim users, under their standard maintenance agreements.
Eclipse Technical Director and systems architect, Steve Ough, comments on v3:
“v3 represents a significant step in the progression of our Proclaim software. Not only is the ‘hands on’ fee earner experience of the system radically enhanced, we have also further extended the core productivity tools that our software offers. And for business needs such as client / referrer integration, our Web Services developments provide unmatched power and flexibility. Our investment in this release stands at upwards of ten man-years in terms of development time, and the system will be rolled out free of charge to our clientbase, under Eclipse’s standard software maintenance agreements.”